The friars from the Dominican Order came to the city in 1906. Their arrival was late compared to other religious missionaries. On Christmas Day in 1930, they celebrated their first Mass inside Saint-Dominique Church. From the exterior, the Roman Catholic church looks much older thanks to its English Gothic Revival design by Joseph-Albert LaRue. This style, also called Victorian Gothic, originated in England during the 18th century.