Chilean Navy Headquarters in Valparaíso, Chile - Encircle Photos

Chilean Navy Headquarters in Valparaíso, Chile

Soon after Chile declared its independence from the Spanish Empire in 1818, the First National Fleet was founded leading to the creation of the Chilean Navy. It was a logical first step to help defend its 2,500 miles of Pacific coastline. When this building along Plaza Sotomayor was built in 1901, it was a municipal building. It is now the Edificio de la Comandancia or the Naval Command headquarters and includes the offices for the navy’s commander-in-chief.

VIEW MAP

Sotomayor 592, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile

Directions

Share this Photo