Vines cling to the stone wall of the Château d’Ouchy castle located along the shoreline of Lake Geneva. Since the fortress was first built in the late 12th century, it has been destroyed and rebuilt a couple of times. Yet sections of this tower are original dating back to 1177. The architectural elements of arches supported by Corinthian columns and accented with dentil ornamentation are simple yet elegant. The lace curtains are an attractive touch.