Chapel at Toronto Necropolis in Toronto, Canada

Across Winchester Street from the Riverdale Farm is the Toronto Necropolis. The cemetery was established in 1850, making it the city’s oldest. The chapel, bell tower and office of the superintendent were created in 1872. They were designed by Henry Langley. The prolific architect during the second half of the 19th century is credited with over 70 churches in Ontario. Most of his projects display his signature Gothic Revival style.

VIEW MAP

200 Winchester St, Toronto, ON M4X 1B7, Canada

Directions

Share this Photo