Chapel and Graduates Memorial Building at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland - Encircle Photos

17 Chapel and Graduates Memorial Building at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland

On the left is the Trinity Chapel. Resembling a Greek temple, the structure by William Chambers opened in 1798. The ecumenical church offers Methodist, Anglican and Catholic services. Interestingly, Catholic students could not attend Trinity College until 1793 and the Catholic Church of Ireland forbade their attendance until 1970. On the right is the Graduates Memorial Building designed by Thomas Drew. It was constructed in 1897 to mark the 300th anniversary of Dublin University. The school educates over 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students, making it the largest university in Ireland.

VIEW MAP

College Green, Dublin 2, Ireland

Directions

Share this Photo