Denver’s Presbyterian community was founded by Reverend A. T Rankin in 1860. Their first humble church was replaced by a second one sixteen years later. Because the roof was financed by gamblers, it had a pattern of red triangles resembling a playing card. It was nicknamed the “Church of the Seven Spot Diamonds.” During its history, Central Presbyterian Church was instrumental in serving immigrants and founded the Presbyterian Hospital. This landmark church is designed in a Richardsonian Revival style and listed by the U. S National Register of Historic Places.