Simeon Jones was a successful brewer, city council member and then mayor of Saint John. He spent a fortune building this grand residence in 1884. It remained in the family until 1918. The two-tone limestone façade is reflective of Baronial architecture initially used in Scotland for small castles. The mansion was given his mother’s maiden name of Caverhill. The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and York (the future King George V and Queen Mary) stayed here during their royal tour of Canada. The property has also been used for military officers in WWI, a health center and the Air Force Social Club.