Cathedral Church of St. James in Toronto, Canada

The first Church of England service was celebrated in Canada in 1578. The first Anglican parish in York (today’s Toronto) was formed over two hundred years later in 1797. The congregation built four successive churches between 1807 and the present Cathedral Church of St. James in 1853. The spire was added to the Gothic Revival façade in 1874. At 305 feet, the church tower is still the tallest in Canada. Inside the belfry are the dozen Bells of Old York. They weigh between 631 and 2,418 pounds.

VIEW MAP

106 King St E, Toronto, ON M5C 2E9, Canada

Directions

Share this Photo