The prominent landmark defining the western edge of Castle Square is the castle. This photo shows the opposite or eastern side of the town plaza. In the center is Castle Square Presbyterian Church. When it opened in 1882, it served the Calvinistic Methodists. On the right is Caernarfon’s Post Office. Its Italianate design was finished in 1880. On the left is an HSBC branch. Originally, this 19th century building of Anglesey stone housed the North & South Wales Bank and then the Midland Bank.