Casa França-Brasil at Largo da Candelária in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The France-Brazil House at Largo da Candelária was commissioned in 1819 by João VI, then king of Portugal and Brazil. It has served many purposes during its first two centuries: Commerce Square, a customs house, warehouse, courthouse and museum. After an extensive renovation, it reopened as a cultural center in 2008. Among its appeals are contemporary art exhibits, concerts and a café … all within an Empire setting.

VIEW MAP

R. Viscconde de Itaboraí, 78 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20010-060, Brazil

Directions

Share this Photo