Casa de la Villa in Madrid, Spain - Encircle Photos

48 Casa de la Villa in Madrid, Spain

This twin-tower building by architect Juan Gomez de Mora was the Town Hall and city prison when it opened in 1696. Above each entrance is a relief of Madrid’s coat of arms. Casa de la Villa was the heart of local government until 2007 when the administrative and political functions moved to Palacio de Comunicaciones. Limited tours are available to admire the stained-glass ceiling, 17th century frescos by Antonio Palomino and salons once occupied by the city council.

VIEW MAP

Plaza de la Villa, 5, 28005 Madrid, Spain

Directions

Share this Photo