Carnegie Library in Brigham City, Utah - Encircle Photos

4 Carnegie Library in Brigham City, Utah

Education was important to the early settlers of Brigham City. By 1870, they had lending libraries within four wards of schools run by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In 1898, these were centralized with 300 books housed in the new MIA Library and Free Reading Room. Then, with funding from philanthropist Andrew Carnegie – one of 3,500 library grants across the United States – the town built this Carnegie Library in 1915. The distinctive red-brick façade has a Prairie School design. The expanded Brigham City Library now has a collection of over 60,000 materials. It is located behind the old Municipal Building.

VIEW MAP

26 East Forest St, Brigham City, Utah 84302

Directions

Share this Photo