In October of 1905, Cardiff became a city, a specific status granted by the United Kingdom’s monarch. The following year, its fifth town hall was finished and could be called the City Hall. The façade features white limestone from the Isle of Portland in Southern England. It is also notable for the dome over the Marble Hall plus an ornate, 194 foot clock and bell tower. The Edwardian Baroque design was created by Henry Vaughan Lanchester.