35 Cannons at Montmorency Park in Old Québec City, Canada

Lower Canada was a province established by the British in 1791 until dissolved by the Union Act of 1840. Québec City was the capital. During this period, a governor’s office (former Episcopal palace) and parliament buildings were on this bluff overlooking the Saint Lawrence River. The cliff is called Côte de la Montagne meaning Mountain Coast. After both structures were destroyed by fire, the property became Parc Montmorency. The tree-lined park is small yet restful. The five cannons pointing over the old defensive walls are part of the Fortifications of Québec National Historic Site. This park is not to be confused with Montmorency Falls located about 7.5 miles away from Old Québec City.

VIEW MAP

Côte de la Montagne Streets, Québec, QC G1K 4E4, Canada

Directions

Share this Photo