While Christian IV was the king of Denmark and Norway from 1588 until 1648, he commissioned Christiansholm Fortress. The military post was active until 1872. This original bronze cannon is one of eight that once protected the citadel. The stone walls of the circular tower are 16 feet thick. Today, Christiansholm Festning is a major tourist attraction, a small gallery and a special event facility.