11 Cannon at Christiansholm Fortress in Kristiansand, Norway

While Christian IV was the King of Denmark and Norway from 1588 until 1648, he commissioned the Christiansholm Fortress. It remained a military post until 1872. This original bronze cannon is one of eight that once protected the citadel. The stone walls of the circular tower are 16 feet thick. Today, this is a major tourist attraction, a small gallery and special event facility.

VIEW MAP

Østre Strandgate 52B, 4610 Kristiansand, Norway

Directions

Share this Photo