Christian IV, who was the King of Denmark and Norway, commissioned the Christiansholm Fortress in the 17th century. It remained a military post until 1872. This original bronze cannon is one of eight that protected the citadel. The stone walls of the circular tower are 16 feet thick. Today, in addition to being a tourist attraction and a small gallery, the facility is available to rent for special events.