Cannon at Baluarte de San Ignacio in Old Town, Cartagena, Colombia - Encircle Photos

3 Cannon at Baluarte de San Ignacio in Old Town, Cartagena, Colombia

The Baluarte de San Ignacio was called Moors when it was built in 1630 to protect the southern flank of the city and defend against enemy ships arriving at the Bay of Souls (the port). This bulwark, along with the adjoining San Francisco Javier, were moved and expanded 100 years later. The rusted, smoothbore cannon is one of several still pointing through the parapets towards the bay as if protecting the Convention Center in the Getsemaní district.

VIEW MAP

Baluarte de San Ignacio, Avenida Blas de Lezo, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia

Directions

Share this Photo