People who appreciate stately Georgian-era homes will enjoy visiting Campbell House Museum. The former residence of Chief Justice Sir William Campbell was built in 1822. The Palladian-style structure served several private and commercial tenants for 150 years before being slated for destruction. In 1972, the Advocates Society came to the rescue. They moved the house about a mile to its current location. Two years later, Queen Elizabeth presided over the opening of the museum.