The Bolsa de Valores de Colombia was formed in 1928 through a merger of three of the country’s stock exchanges. None of its three main offices are in Cartagena. However, the BVC has established postgraduate training centers in several cities in conjunction with local universities. This building along Plaza de la Merced houses the facility in Old Town. It is associated with the Universidad de Cartagena.