This scenic view is often called the Castle District because the Buda Castle (also called the Royal Palace) is located here. Before merging to become Budapest in 1873, the West Bank consisted of two cities: Buda and Óbuda. A few of its top attractions are visible across the Danube. On the left are Matthias Church and the white towers of Fisherman’s Bastion. Along the embankment is the Reformed Church. In the foreground are some of the bronze shoes from the Danube Holocaust Memorial. They are scattered across the Danube Promenade on the East Bank of the city.