In 1865, Brigham Young selected the site for the Brigham City Tabernacle on Sagebrush Hill and then laid the cornerstone. After ravished by fire twice, the current Neogothic structure was dedicated in 1897. The dramatic spire is encircled with 16 pinnacles. The Mormon tabernacle was designed by Truman O. Angell. He was the brother-in-law of Bingham Young. Angell was also the architect for several famous LDS Church buildings in Salt Lake City including the Salt Lake Temple. In 2012, Box Elder Stake Tabernacle was replaced by the Brigham City Utah Temple directly across Main Street.