Flanking Parque Colón on the east are two noteworthy structures. On the left is the former 16th century mansion of Diego from Herrera (a province of Seville, Spain). When the residence was acquired by Haitian Governor Gerónimo Borgellá in 1823, it was expanded and renamed Palacio de Borgellá. The colonial building has sequentially housed the Tribunal (courthouse), Senate plus the Haitian and Dominican Republic governments. Borgellá Palace currently offices the department responsible for maintaining the Colonial City. On the right is Museo de la Catedral (Cathedral Museum). Among its extensive displays are 500 years of religious art, statues and artifacts.