Boat House Remains at Nelson’s Dockyard in English Harbour, Antigua - Encircle Photos

Boat House Remains at Nelson’s Dockyard in English Harbour, Antigua

These pillars are all that remain of the boat house at Nelson’s Dockyard that was built in 1797. What is now a sandy beach used to be a central channel or wet dock where British ships moored for repair. While the vessels’ hull was overhauled in the lower level, the sails were hoisted into the second story for mending.

VIEW MAP

The Admiral's Inn Dockyard Drive, English Harbour, Antigua and Barbuda

Directions

Share this Photo