This site near the Mosque Cathedral was first a Visigoth and then a Muslim palace. After Ferdinand II gave it to the Bishop of Cordoba in 1236, it became the Bishop’s Palace. The original structure underwent significant changes from the 15th through the 19th centuries. In 1989, Palacio Episcopal was converted into the Diocesan Fine Arts Museum. Museo Diocesano displays religious artifacts, art and furniture dating back to medieval times.