Bell Wall next to Serra’s Chapel at Mission San Juan Capistrano in California - Encircle Photos

Bell Wall next to Serra’s Chapel at Mission San Juan Capistrano in California

Serra’s Chapel on the left was constructed in 1782. This qualifies as California’s oldest building. The four bells – named the San Vicente, San Juan, San Antonio and San Rafael – used to hang from a campanile in the Great Stone Church. The tower was destroyed in an 1812 earthquake, leaving the ruins on the right. The Bell Wall in the middle was built the following year to hold the bells. They were replaced in 2000 with reproductions created from the original molds.

VIEW MAP

31641 El Camino Real San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

Directions

Share this Photo