Bell Tower on Church of the Holy Ghost in Copenhagen, Denmark - Encircle Photos

24 Bell Tower on Church of the Holy Ghost in Copenhagen, Denmark

Construction on this bell and clock tower rising over Helligåndskirken began in 1520. The project was halted during the Protestant Reformation. Work resumed in 1537 when the Church of the Holy Ghost became a Lutheran parish. The tower was finished in 1594. After a destructive fire, the spire was reconstructed in 1880.

VIEW MAP

Niels Hemmingsens Gade 5, 1153 København, Denmark

Directions

Share this Photo