The Convent and Church of Nuestra Señora de la Merced (Our Lady of Mercy) was established in 1629 for the Discalced Mercedarian friars. The benefactors were the Dukes of Medina Sidonia, an influential and wealthy family in Andalusia. The church was built in 1638. During a devastating fire in 1936, most of the religious complex was ruined. This bell tower was saved. Its façade features bright red Tuscan pilasters offset by a white background. The rest of the church was rebuilt in 1948.