Bell Tower of Church of the Savior in Albaicín District of Granada, Spain

When the Church of the Savior was rebuilt in 1594, it maintained elements of Mudéjar design as seen in this bell tower resembling as Islamic minaret. This Islamic style of architecture was intended to appease the Muslims who still lived in the neighborhood. In addition, part of the old mosque’s courtyard was preserved inside of Iglesia del Salvador. The open square is called Patio de los Naranjos (Court of the Orange Trees).

VIEW MAP

Placeta de Abad, 2, 18010 Granada, Spain

Directions

Share this Photo