While the Bishop of Kraków during the 1220s, Iwo Odrowąż founded several churches in Poland. Part of his legacy was inviting the Dominicans from Bologna, Italy, to the city to establish the Church of the Holy Trinity. The interior is lined with guild chapels and mausoleums from the Renaissance period. Among the crypts are one for Bishop Odrowąż and Leszek II the Black, the High Duke of Poland from 1279 until 1288. After a fire in 1850, the Gothic basilica and Dominican monastery were rebuilt and finished in 1898. The façade is noteworthy for the coat of arms in the tall lancet niches plus the pinnacles accenting the stepped design.