Bargello Palace in Florence, Italy

In 1255, Florence’s oldest public building, Bargello Palace, was the headquarters for the Captain of the People and, in the 16th century, the Captain of Police. This stark, fortified building served as a prison until, in 1865, it became the Museo Nazionale del Bargello. Inside is a wonderful collection of famous Italian statues, including several by Michelangelo.

VIEW MAP

Via del Proconsolo, 4, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy

Directions

Share this Photo