The last edifice worth noting at Plaza de Mayo shapes the northeastern edge. The Bank of the Argentine Nation is typically called Banco Nación. Soon after the national bank was established in 1891, the existing building of Teatro Colón was purchased as the bank’s headquarters. The current French Neoclassical design by architect Alejandro Bustillo was built between 1949 and 1955. Banco de la Nación Argentina is the country’s largest provider of financial services.