The base of the Athena Fountain at the Austrian Parliament deserves a closer look. The man and woman in the foreground are respectively allegories for the Danube and Inn Rivers. Behind them are two female sculptures representing legislation (right) and executive powers (left). They were all carved from Lasa marble. The Pallas Athene Fountain was designed by Parliament architect Theophil Hansen. The sculptors were Carl Kundmann, Hugo Haerdtl and Josef Tautenhayn. The project was finished in 1902.