Armory on Morne Fortune, Saint Lucia - Encircle Photos

Armory on Morne Fortune, Saint Lucia

Another one of the oldest buildings in Saint Lucia is the armory. The heavily-fortified structure was used by the French to store gunpowder and ammunition. Nearby is the Prevost’s Redoubt. After the British created this lookout point in 1792, they later named it in honor of Sir George Prévost. He was the lieutenant-governor of Saint Lucia from 1798 to 1802.


Sir Arthur Lewis College, Good Lands, St. Lucia


Share this Photo