Nature carved this tall, impressive sandstone platform into the shape of a blacksmith’s tool. In 1938, the Blackheath Council named it Anvil Rock. A decade later, Stan Miller from Bradford Kendall Industries affixed one of their anvils on top. The company even appointed a custodian to monitor it. In 1970, the 672 pound hunk of steel disappeared. The anvil’s fate was a mystery for 35 years until it was discovered almost 1,000 feet below the cliff. In 2008, it was airlifted by helicopter and returned to the top of Anvil Rock Lookout.