On Jan Palach Square in front of the Rudolfinum is this statue of Antonín Dvořák. He was born near Prague in 1841 and gained international acclaim as a composer of symphonies and operas during the late 19th century. He was also the director of the National Conservatory of Music in New York City towards the end of his career. He had the honor of conducting Rudolfinum’s first concert in 1896. He was also a teacher at the conservatoire. The Rudolfinum’s main concert hall is named in his honor. This bronze tribute was sculpted by Jan Wagner in 2000.