Antonio Rizzo was an accomplished 15th century sculptor. Among his credits in Venice were the Adam and Eve sculptures on Doges’ Palace facing San Marco Plaza. Peter the Great commissioned another Venetian artist, Giovanni Bonazza, to duplicate the statues in marble. This one of Adam was finished in 1722. The 18th century sculptures were spared during the German occupation. The Adam and Eve Fountains are on opposite sides of the Sea Canal within the Lower Park. Each is encircled by 16 water jets with a colonnade backdrop.