Two additional homes can be visited closer to The Church. This surprisingly modern house was initially intended for the Medical Officer when it was finished in 1843. After the doctor and surgeon moved into his upgraded home in Civil Officer’s Row, this became the residence for the Accountant. He managed the Commissariat Stores which had been located on the waterfront since 1830. After the penal colony closed, this became a school and is now the Education Centre.